Before we all head home for xmas, to be force fed sweets and turkey, I just wanted to leave a couple of tips out there, to keep the festive weight gain under control. Some of these tips I have learnt them from people that know a lot more than I do and some others are the product of my own personal experience.
1. Practice balance. Don’t write off the whole season, if a big dinner is coming, keep your other meals nice and light. After the big meal day, take a day off and do some exercise and eat lightly.
2. Avoid the constant boozing. One or a maximum of 2 glasses of wine or champagne is enough. (small ones) no one will ask you why are you not drinking and it will not take a massive toll… there is nothing worse for good intentions than a hangover.
3. Enjoy what you eat. If you are going to send your eating habits throw the window do so for a good cause. Not for junk food, but for something delicious that you truly enjoy and that will make you feel that it was worth it.
4. Go for a long walk everyday. Make every step count! Take the stairs, avoid the car if you can.. all those little things can offset some of the excesses without you feeling you have to step on a treadmill and sweating it out.
5. Don’t eat until your tummy hurts. Try portion control. Eat whatever you fancy, but just a little bit of it. Eating it slowly will make it last longer and will give you time to realize that you are already full.
No need for magic formulas… Keep the balance and you will come back just needing some adjustment, and not wanting to retreat to a boot camp!